You have seven chakras that are inside of your body, and these are the energy centers that keep your body, mind, and soul healthy. Each of these chakras work with different parts of your body to keep you strong. When one of your chakras becomes blocked, it can cause you to feel out of place or unbalanced.
One of the chakras, the heart chakra, helps to control your feelings, emotions and the love and forgiveness that you have for yourself and for others.
When your heart chakra is blocked, you might feel that you aren’t able to love or to forgive others. This kind of blockage can come because of an emotional wound. This kind of wound can happen in different ways such as:
- Being rejected.
- Feeling unloved.
- Being insulted.
- When people criticize you.
- Anxious moments.
- Childhood trauma.
- Feelings of being humiliated.
- Broken relationships.
These things can come from a lifetime of heartbreak and hurt. The heart chakra can even become blocked when someone that you love dies. This causes there to be a separation of energy that has been bonded between two people that love each other.
Blockages of the Heart Chakra
When your heart chakra gets blocked, it can cause you to have different health issues such as:
- Irregular heartbeat.
- Thyroid problems.
- Neck pain.
- Shoulder pain.
- Heart palpitations.
- Breathing and respiratory problems.
Balancing Your Heart Chakra
There are different ways that people can balance their heart chakra and one way is by going out into the sun and doing yoga. One pose called the “Sun Salutation,” is a yoga exercise that allows the heart chakra to be opened. When you put your heart chakra towards the sun, the sun can send energy into your heart and open it and balance it.
Doing the Sun Salutation Pose
Here is how to do the Sun Salutation Pose:
- Put your feet about 12 inches apart.
- Keep your feet parallel to each other.
- Tighten your rear and push the pelvis forward.
- Keep your core tight.
- Put our arms out to the side and move them towards the sky.
- Scoop the sun energy towards the sky with your arms while keeping your arms straight and your elbows locked together.
- Put your hands over your head with your palms together.
- Imagine that energy is being pushed with your hands and then brought into your heart chakra.
- Let the energy fill your heart chakra.
- Do this until your heart feels full of energy.
There are many different poses that you can do that can help to get energy into your chakras. Try other positions such as the “Cobra,” so that you can keep your heart chakra balanced.
You can do these poses with your eyes closed so that you can open up other chakras including your third eye chakra or your crown chakra. These are the places that help you to reach your intuition and your higher self.
Start each day with the Sun Salutation pose so that you can keep your heart opened all day long. This can help you to keep your emotions in check and to make sure that you are able to love others and love yourself. As your emotions are strong, the rest of your being will be strong as well. This will help you to have peaceful and joyful days and restful nights.